In 1895 a village on the banks of Lynn Camp Creek was incorporated and became the town of Corbin. Prior to incorporation, Corbin had been called Lynn Camp after William Lynn, a Virginian, who was lost in the area around 1800. After the Civil War, about six or eight farms were located between London and Williamsburg. Just north of where Corbin now stands, was a mill owned by the McHargues, and a post office, “Whip-poor-will”…
Follow us here
Follow our Instagram feed to be “in the know” about our recent events and happenings in and around Corbin!
Join us by posting and tagging us! Use some of our recognized hashtags:
#Corbinky #corbintourism #corbinlovescompany
#downtowncorbin #corbinkentucky #kytourism